Windy's Page for Thought

I will ramble here if I can

Tuesday, June 03, 2003

Random Questions; Random Days... Tuesday, June 3

Today's question is about creativity. Do you feel you are a creative person? Why or why not? Why is it children often seem more creative that adults? Were you more or less creative as a child? Feel free to elaborate on any or all parts of this question.

I think I'm more creative now than I was as a younger adult. I became more comfortable with my creativity as a teacher. As I grew in my teaching, I also grew in my creativity. I can't really remember if I felt creative as a child. I remember thinking that I'd like to draw as well as my mom. I'm still not much of a drawer, but I express my creativity through many avenues. Scrapbooking, cross-stitching, web-page design, and so on. As a teacher I was blessed with many creative students throughout my years. I hope I was encouraging to them. I always tried to be. Some of these students could draw as well as any adult, while others were very good story tellers and writers. I hope these students continue. I think in many ways children are so creative because they haven't been stifled. Sometimes other kids are mean, and they may discourage their peers, but for the most part, the students I worked with were very encouraging to each other. That help too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home