Windy's Page for Thought

I will ramble here if I can

Thursday, August 07, 2003

Wow!
I hadn't realized I'd been away from this blog for so long! We've been a little busy around here, I tell ya, leave for a weekend to go camping and the garden just goes crazy! Pretty much took me all week to get caught up! Also, I got a new job, a little better than the current one, but still a cashier. At least this place offers benefits and a consistent raise schedule. Well, I think I'll answer the Random Questions, then I'll do the memes I like!

Random Questions; Random Days... Thursday, August 7
Today's question is inspired by my GARDEN!!! Do you like zucchini? What are some of your favorite ways to use it?
I like zucchini! One time I made a whole dinner out of it! That was several years ago, but it looks like it may happen again this year! We have FIVE plants! A bit much if you ask me, but obviously the planter of the garden didn't ask. Oh well, he means well! He says he cut back a bit! wow!!! Any way, I've made zucchini lasagna, I serve it as a side dish cooked up with any combination of the following, corn, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and various seasonings. I make lots of zucchini bread and freeze it for the winter. I have a delicious recipe for a zucchini chocolate cake. I dry it and use it in soups. We have grilled it on the grill, and yes, I've fried it too, but it is not my favorite. The great thing about this vegetable is how versitile it is! I'd have to say it is my favorite summer crop!

Random Questions; Random Days... Wednesday, August 6
Write about your all time favorite commercial.
I'm not sure on this one. I find a lot of commercials amusing, that's for sure. I've always liked the old scrubbing bubbles commercial. One of the funniest ones first ran with the Super Bowl last winter. It was the Pepsi commercial featuring the Oswalds, you know, the one that says. "We're not the Oswalds, we're the Osmonds!" I've never seen the show these people play in, but I thought the commercial was pretty funny.

Random Questions; Random Days!... Monday, August 4
How accurate is your clock? Are you one who has to set it 5-10 minutes ahead just so you can get there on time? What about you? Are you prompt or habitually late?
I try to have my clocks in the house pretty accurate. They are sometimes off, but it is because the battery may be wearing down or something. When I stayed with my sister I was confused because all of her clocks were set to various degrees of fast! It was pretty funny, but my niece always knew what time it was. The clock in my truck is 2 mins fast. I like to get to meetings and work and important things about 10 minutes early. I hate to be late! My husband is the same way about work and stuff, but for family gatherings, (my side and his) he really doesn't care if we're late. I'm working on him though!

That's it for now! I promise to be a little better about updating! Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment.
O&O!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home