Windy's Page for Thought

I will ramble here if I can

Thursday, July 24, 2003

Hi all!
We are going canoeing this weekend. I'm hoping for good weather on Saturday. So far the weather twinkies have predicted rain for Saturday afternoon, but I'm hoping they are wrong, after all, the are wrong more often than right! wow!!!

Our garden is doing great! I've already picked peas (in fact they are just about done), beans, zucchini, beets, and radishes! The radishes are done too. Our tomatoes look good, and soon we will have some cucumbers. I've also picked a small bowl of raspberries. Yumm yumm!

Well, that's about all that's been going on around here, I guess I'll catch up on my random questions.

Random Questions; Random Days... Thursday, July 24
Seems to me like there have been many holidays "made up" just to sell cards, flowers, and gifts. Also to promote sales in retail stores. Currently we are hearing a lot about "Christmas in July" sales. How do you feel about these holidays (Sweetest Day, Grand parents Day, etc.) Do you participate?
We really don't do any of those made up days! I do make a card for my hubby on Valentine's Day, but the rest of the made up days we pretty much ignore.


Random Questions; Random Days... Wednesday, July 23
What do you think about the bottled water craze? Do you drink bottled water? Why or why not?
I am fine with it because my water tastes crappy! We have well water and it is very full of iron and other minerals. I do not go crazy over the big fancy names of bottled water, I get what is ever cheap! The best place for me to go is my parents house! Not only do I get my water jugs filled, I usually get a very good lunch or dinner! I also do the refill thing at Meijer's because it only costs 29 cents to refill the jugs. Of course if I'm not going to Midland, I will just get the jugs we sell at the store cause they are pretty cheap too. If I had good water here I would refill my own smaller bottles to have on hand when I would be on the road.


Random Questions; Random Days... Monday, July 21
What kind of computer do you own? How addicted to your computer are you?
I have a Hewlett Packard. It works well, and does all the things I need it to do. I am pretty addicted to it! I like to surf the net, blog, and play games on my computer. I used to use it for work too. I also like to make things on the computer, but I'm not as talented as my sister! I really don't know how I got along without one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home