Windy's Page for Thought

I will ramble here if I can

Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Hi All!
I'm actually blogging tonight! wow!!!
Things have been a little busy around here. Our garden is in, and doing great, but we do have to water it by hand once a day, unless it rains. I have a job at a store as a cashier. It's good to have a job, but the pay is really low. It helps out though. I was lucky enough to get this weekend off... and even luckier to find a place for us to go camping! We haven't camped at all yet this summer, and we're really looking forward to getting the camper out. Dave did a lot of work on the camper this past winter, and the winter before. And.. I made all new curtains for it! It's a new camper inside. Also, he washed and waxed the camper so it looks pretty good on the outside too.

Well, time to get caught up on my Random Questions!

Random Questions; Random Days... Sunday, June 29

Tell how you met your husband/ boyfriend/significant other.

I actually met my hubby through a Christain dating service. My friend had joined this service and they offered a free introductory version. I signed up for that, and believe it our not, I had the wrong phone number down! No wonder I hadn't had much luck with dates! wow!!! Anyway, Dave, called my work number and finally got ahold of me. We talked on the phone a few times and finally met at Ruby Tuesdays in the mall. We hit it off pretty good right from the beginning.


Random Questions; Random Days... Monday, June 30

Today's question was inspired by the book, "Dates with the Greats" by Susan Ohanian
On this day in 1964, Maurice Sendak accepts the Caldecott Medal for his book, "Where the Wild Things Are." He states the book is not meant to please everybody - only children. What is your favorite childhood book? Do you still have a favorite children's book author? If so, who, and why?


My favorite children's author is Roald Dahl! He wrote many books that children just love. "The BFG", "Matilda", "James and the Giant Peach", and many many more! I used to read the first two books to my 4th grade students, and most of them couldn't wait to get their hands on those books or any of his others. I would recommend this author to anyone who has children! As a child, I just loved to read, and can't really remember what books I liked the best. I did read a lot of biography books.

Random Questions; Random Days... Tuesday, July 1

What are your plans for the 4th of July?

We are going camping at a small campground about 45 mins from here. As I wrote earlier, we are really looking forward to some quality time together.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home