Windy's Page for Thought

I will ramble here if I can

Friday, June 13, 2003

Random Questions; Random Days... Thursday, June 12

Ancient Greek and Roman gods were often associated with symbols that represented them in paintings. What animal or object do you think would make a fitting symbol of yourself? Explain your answer. Today's question comes from a book called "Art JOurnal Topics" by Terri Tarr-Schweitzer

As noted above I got this question from a book I have, but when I read it, I knew I had to post it! I had to do a project similar to this when I attended college in an art appreciaton class. I decided a music note in the middle of a symphony score was the perfect symbol for me. All the notes played before my note represented the past and the notes after represented the future. If you know any thing about music you know that a music score shows all the notes that are played at the same time lined up and down vertically. The notes in line with me were the present. I chose not to be on the top or the bottom line, but in the middle somewhere. Nothing very important, but significant to the composer. If my note happened to not be played, I really wouldn't be missed by the audience, but the notes around or near me would notice. The composer would certainly notice if I were missing. One of the reasons I chose this theme was because I was a music major, but I also felt it was a great way to represent me compared to the rest of the world. Anyway, I still think it is a good symbol for me, as I still love music and play when I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home