Windy's Page for Thought

I will ramble here if I can

Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Well, it's been a long time since I just blogged!
I have been a little busy. My unemployment has run its course, so I had to take a low paying job to get us through. I start tomorrow, but I'm still looking for something better! The job market is tight though! My hubby is working out of town during the week, well, Monday - Thursday so things are quiet around here. Our yard looks good, but I think I need to cut grass tomorrow weather permitting. The chickens are doing well and so are the turkeys.

Last weekend I went to Muskegon for my neice's confirmation. It was a beautiful service, the music was awesome. Of course, Lisa, Shar, and Geoff all played handbells, and Shar and Geoff were in the brass ensemble. It's a beautiful church, too! Then Sunday Geoff and his friend Paul had their high school senior recital. They were great! I wish I had half the talent those two possess! Geoff played piano solos and a Fr. horn solo. Paul played piano solos too, and then Geoff and Paul played a duet. I'd say the recital was as good if not better than some college recitals I've seen!

Now for a question from Random Questions; Random Days...

Random Questions; Random Days... Wednesday June, 4

There's a saying, "You learn something new everyday!" What is something you recently learned? Write about it. Is there an age when we might stop learning?.

Recently we learned that we need to put water right in the little brooder box for the chickens. Especially when it is cold out. We picked up 40 chickens on May 6th and it was still quite chilly here. We put the water and food just outside their box, and even though it is all enclosed in a building, it is much chilly outside the brooder box. The stupid chickens stayed in the warmth and some of them must have dehydrated, cause we lost about 12 of them in course of 2 weeks. Then, since we are raising some for our daughter and her family, we had to get 18 more chickens. We put the water dish right in the box, and those chickens are flourshing. A lesson well learned! Also, we should try and get the chickens a little later in the spring, but the year we tried that, we had a bad hatch and ended up with egg layers instead of meat chickens. They did not get very big and weren't very flavorful either. They make good soup though!

Are we ever too old to learn? Boy, I hope not! Learning is what keeps us young. I believe if you don't use your brain, you'll lose it! Exercise is good for the brain as well as the body! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home