Windy's Page for Thought

I will ramble here if I can

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Random Questions; Random Days... Tuesday, June 10

Today's question is from our sidebar of suggestions: Pet Peeves! We all have them! Write about one of yours.

Well, I just answered this and for some reason it didn't take!
I have tons of pet peeves, but one that really bugs me is how many people mispronounce the word "often". THE "T" IS SILENT!!! It is now to the point where even respected news anchors and radio announcers mispronounce the word! I expect to hear the "t" pronounced from a beginning reader. They are just learning to sound words out, and they are learning about all the rules of english. I have checked 3 dictionaries and it is agreed. the t is silent!

Question from Random Questions; Random Days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home