Windy's Page for Thought

I will ramble here if I can

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Random Questions; Random Days...

On this date in 1979 Michael Cariney set a world record for toppling dominos in Poughkeepsie, New York. It took him 13 days to set up the dominoes and they fall in just 114 minutes! Have you ever wanted to set a world record? What might be something you could try? Or just comment on the above! Today's fact comes from the book, "Dates with the Greats" by Susan Ohanian

Well, one year at the school I taught at we tried to set a world record for the longest bookworm. Our principal at the time was in charge of contacting the world record people, and they told her that we weren't even close. It was interesting though and the students really got into reading that year so in that way it was a success! Personally, I've never thought about setting a record. I'm not sure even what I'd do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home