Windy's Page for Thought

I will ramble here if I can

Thursday, February 26, 2004

Howdy fans!
Sorry I haven't been around much. I had Tuesday and Wednesday off, and Tuesday I cleaned house and did laundry, but when I tried to go on line yesterday, I discovered that our phone was out! Bummer! It was out for most of the day, and when I was finally able to come on line in the evening I couldn't think of a thing to blog about! wow!!!

OttO, I just want to mention that I didn't do Monday Madness this week because I read too many answers and I would not have felt original! I'll catch ya next week.

I had to work Monday when we were getting all that snow, but I wasn't worried too much about it because the weather twinkies kept saying it would end sometime in the afternoon. Well, I had to work until 10:00pm and it was still snowing when I got out!I must admit, it was one of the prettiest snow falls in a while, but it was slow going on the way home. Once again, it makes me glad for our big a$$ truck!

About work, Meijers is changing the whole way they keep track of the drawers and $$$ and such, and I've agreed to be a service coordinator. The job of the SC used to be to just tell cashiers where to go and when to go on break. We also had to decide if we needed to hold anyone over. Well, now in addition to that, we have to get change for the cashiers, do cash pick-ups, do audits on drawers, of which there are at least 6 per day, and sometimes as many as 10, and collect the $$$ from all the different departments. On second shift, we also have to collect all the lane drawers by a certain time and put them in tomorrow mode. This may not sound like that much, but it is an effort to get everything going on time and keep up with cashier breaks. On Monday it was my first day to actually work 2nd shift, and I had to be out by 10 because that was my 8 hours for the day. I was lucky to have a very helpful cashier who used to work in the cash office to help out. Also the service manager helped me a lot. It is an interesting job, and the time does go faster, I just need to get the hang of it. I'm working tonight until 11, and because it is a busy night, I'll have a second SC to help out.

That's all for now!
O&O!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home