Windy's Page for Thought

I will ramble here if I can

Friday, March 07, 2003

The News: Local vs. National

I'm all for being informed. I like to watch the news or at least listen to it, but since I've been off work, I've become really annoyed by the local news anchors. It used to be you'd get 1/2 hour of local news in the morning, again at noon, at 6pm and then one more time at 11pm. Then the morning news was changed to one hour and now its up to 1 1/2 hours. Which would be fine, if they had that much news to read, but they don't. The same thing has happened with the evening news. When this change first took place I only caught about 20 mins in the morning and I was lucky to see any of the 6 pm news. Now of course, I'm home. I like to be informed, so I watch the news. Well we have a local station up north where the anchors try to act goofy so they have something to run in their Friday morning wrap up. They call it "The Week in Review" but they only review their stupid jokes. It is the single most annoying spot of the day! If the news anchors just read the news they would be able to do the whole show in 1/2 hour. I find myself turning off the news after just 15 mins because these people act pretty goofy! Thats the local news. I will say that the new anchor team on TV5 is pretty tolerable. I think because they are both new they don't have much to joke around about. TV 9&10 is the worst!

Nationally, in the evening they have one anchor and guess what? He reads the news! That's it! And, it's done in 1/2 hour! Amazing! Sometimes the anchor inserts his own opinion but usually he just reads the news. I can handle that. The national morning news, i.e. the Today Show, or GMA, is a little too fluffy for me, but at least they have a whole nation to draw from.

Well, I just had to vent. I would probably never have been so annoyed by this if I was working this year. WOW!!!

O&O!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home