Windy's Page for Thought

I will ramble here if I can

Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Random Questions; Random Days... Tuesday, October 28
Halloween is right around the corner! Do give out treats to kids? Do you get many visitors? Do you dress up?
Living out in the country, we rarely get a trick or treater! I used to have some candy on hand just in case, but I think it was just an excuse to buy candy! Now I don't bother. This year I'll be working. We are not allowed to dress up at work, so I'll not be dressing up.

Random Questions; Random Days... Monday, October 27
CELEBRATE TEDDY BEARS! On this day in 1858 President Theodore Roosevelt was born. The teddy bear was created in honor of him. Do you have a favorite teddy, or stuffed animal. Please share.
I have a teddy bear that I got from the school I worked at for selling something. I have a furry cat that I won somehow, and I have a few other lilttle things. A couple of little doggies and kitties from my hubby too, when we were dating.

Random Questions; Random Days... Thursday, October 23
Do you know any interesting trivia about your state/providence/country? Please share.
I know lots of interesting facts about our state! Michigan was the first state to have paved roads. Our great lakes hold the majority of the world's fresh water, with Lake Superior being the largest fresh water lake in the world. The Kirkland's Warbler only nests here in Roscommon County, they like to nest under the pine trees. We have the longest coastline in the US, (because of our 2 peninsulas) and also have more registered boaters than any other state in the US. In Michigan, a person is never more than six miles from a river, stream or lake. When Michigan applied for statehood, we were in a dispute with Ohio over a strip of land that included the city of Toledo. Congress finally helped to settle the dispute when Toledo was given to Ohio and Michigan recieved the Upper Peninsula. We were granted statehood on January 26, 1837. Well, as you could guess, I could go on and on! I comes from teaching 4th grade for 21 years!

Random Questions; Random Days... Wednesday, October 22
Today's quote comes from my calendar, "Simple Thoughts" No author is given.
Every day holds the possibility of a miracle. Please comment.

I believe in miracles. Every person is a miracle if you ask me. Also God works through people to heal the sick and cheer up the lonely. This world is a a miracle too, I see no way it could be an accident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home