Windy's Page for Thought

I will ramble here if I can

Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Random Questions; Random Days... Wednesday, September 10
What is the perfect pizza? Do you have to make it at home, or can you actually get one from a pizza shop? If so, where?
The perfect pizza! I learned how to make this when we were kids, I loved it then and love it now! I use frozen bread dough for the crust. I let it thaw and rise a bit, then roll it out on a greased pan, usually a jelly roll pan. Since I like my crust crispy, I bake this for about 15 mins to insure it gets cooked once I add my toppings. I then put on some sliced mozzarella cheese followed my by sauce. I just use canned spaghetti sauce. Then I top it with scrambled hamburger seasoned to taste like Italian sausage, crumbled and precooked bacon, pepperoni, green peppers, diced onions, mushrooms, ham, and shredded cheese. I bake this until it is cooked through and the cheese on top is bubbly and even starting to get golden brown. I find that even though I use meat, it is way way less greasy than a pizza from the local shop. We do have a place near us that makes a pretty good pizza, JP's on M30, but it is still not as good as homemade! I really don't make this very often, but when I do, it's a real treat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home