Windy's Page for Thought

I will ramble here if I can

Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Random Questions; Random Days... Tuesday, September 9
Do you have a favorite TV show? Is it one you never miss?
I don't really have a TV show that I have to watch. I like to watch some movies on Lifetime, I enjoy watching Biography on A&E, and I like to watch David Letterman. I usually have the TV on when I'm home alone for background noise, and I kind of got hooked on watching The Weakest Link in the morning, but I really don't revolve my plans around what's on TV.

Random Questions; Random Days... Monday, September 8
Did you know that the "Pledge of Allegiance" was first read on this day in 1892? Some people would like to see the words, "under God" taken out of the pledge. What do you think about that? Why?
I think it would be a grave mistake. One of the reasons this country came to be was freedom of Religion. People are making too big of an issue of God, as far as our country is concerned. Should we remint all our money? "In God We Trust" is printed on each bill! There are a lot of things I don't agree with that go on in this world, and I tend to just ignore them. Why can't the folks who don't believe in God just ignore that? I would never try to force my Religious beliefs on others, but I wish the non believers would give us the same respect. The squeaky wheel always gets the grease, and in this case, I think some of us believers need to do a bit more squeaking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home