Windy's Page for Thought

I will ramble here if I can

Monday, August 18, 2003

Hi Fellow Bloggers!
I haven't been on line much lately, as I started a new job and I'm keeping up pretty good on the garden. I am going to make my final batch of pickles tomorrow! If you know me and would like some cukes for pickles, let me know! The tomatoes will be coming in soon also, and I'll be making some salsa and also some stewed tomatoes. The rest will be made into juice, and my dear hubby always helps out with that project.

We went camping last weekend, but it was cut short because of my job. I was supposed to have Friday and Saturday off, but they changed the cashier class and I ended up having to work until 11 on Friday. We were on the road by 1:30, so it worked out pretty good for us anyway. I had to be back by noon on Sunday so I could be at work by 2. Oh well, we packed lots of fun into the short time we were there. We floated down the Rifle River in tubes and we had a horse shoe tournament. My partner and I actually won! Believe me, it was my partners doing! It was fun though. We had a campfire on Friday and Saturday evening. That's always a good time too. It was so hot on Friday though we couldn't sit too close! wow!!!

We finished cashier training on Sunday and will be running registers the next time we work, which for me will be Wednesday. We will have a cashier buddy as a bagger so we will be able to have any of our questions answered. After 2 days of that we'll be on our own. It is actually going to be a bit easier than working at Save A Lot, because we just have to be cashiers. We will not be stocking or getting carts! Now I just have to work my way up the seniority list!

Now it's time to get caught up on my Random Questions.
Random Questions; Random Days... Monday, August 18
What if you were lost in a book? What book would you like to be lost in and why? How might you get out?
This idea was taken from a little book called, "Bright Ideas, 365 Creative Thinking Activities" Authors: Ginny McDonnell and Sue Mogard

One of my favorite books as a child was a book called "The Velvet Room" That is one of the few books I read more than once. I remember thinking at the time how cool it would be to be a character in that book, but I really don't remember why. I do remember the room the book was centered around and I always thought it would be cool to have a room like that. It was a tower room with windows all around. The curtains were made of velvet and there were window seats in each window. I'd get out of the book the same way I got in. I'd just sit back and dream myself in and out of the book anytime I wanted.

Random Questions; Random Days... Wednesday, August 13
What's your favorite word processing program? Have you ever wanted to try something different? Why?
My favorite program is MicroSoft Word. It is my favorite because it is the program I am familiar with. I really don't care to learn another program but if I had to I would.

Random Questions; Random Days... Tuesday, August 12
Today's fact is taken from the book, "Dates With the Greats" by Susan Ohanian On this date in 1859, Katherine Lee Bates was born. She is most famous for writing the words to the song, "America the Beautiful." I remember learning this patriotic song (among many others) in elementary school. Do children still learn these songs? How important do you feel these songs are? Please comment.
I think these songs are vital to our heritage. Many of them tell a story. When I was teaching I taught many patriotic songs to my class. I would hope the children are still learning these songs today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home