Windy's Page for Thought

I will ramble here if I can

Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Howdy folks!
We had a great weekend at the lake in Scottville. We took the short ride to Ludington State Park and were lucky enough to be there on a rare day when they had a shuttle bus going to the light house. Dave hadn't been there before so it was pretty cool! We climbed the 130 stairs up the narrow tower and saw the fantastic view of Lake Michigan. And we walked around the area while mom and dad took lots and lots of pics. Earlier we did the Skyline trail too. I always enjoy that walk. Mom and dad stayed by the river while we took that walk because the salmon were swimming upstream to lay their eggs. They got lots of good pics of the fish and the fisher people. The day was perfect. Pam, Mike and the kids also came up while we were at the park so we enjoyed a delicious dinner with them and the folks. Dad out did himself cooking the roast on the grill, and mom's potato salad was a hit as usual! I donated homegrown tomatoes and some salsa and chips, also a hit! We finished the evening with a campfire by the lake. Very relaxing. Dave got up early both days to do some fishing and even though the fish weren't biting, he enjoyed his outings. We also had a couple of boat rides around the lake.

Of course when we got home, there were lots more tomatoes that needed to be picked! I made some more salsa yesterday and today I did some yard work. The wind blew lots of pine needles around and I raked them up and put them around the pine trees. I also cut some grass, but didn't get much of it done before it started to rain. At least I got the deep stuff!

O&O!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home