Windy's Page for Thought

I will ramble here if I can

Thursday, December 22, 2005

BIG E-MAILS!!!!!!!!!!
BIG E-MAILS
BIG E-MAILS
BIG E-MAILS!!!!!!!!

Hi family and friends!
What does one do about an email file someone sent on the 17th of December that is so big my server keeps timing out every time I try to download my e-mail? I am very frustrated because I have tried to download my email now since the 17th and it just isn't happening. I do not have any of the latest and greatest stuff on my PC and sometimes just a regular forward will take awhile to download if it includes a few pictures. I think one of my friends sent me a large file and now every time I try to open my mail I get stuck on #137. Now my new email number is up to 400 and something. I have downloaded all the stuff up to 137 about a dozen times and this is really starting to drive me nuts. Is there any way I can set my computer to send back the overly large file, or at least make it skip files that are so big so I can get to the rest of my mail? I'm open to any suggestions at this time. Granted most of my mail is junk, but I know I have some mail from family and friends and I'd like to be able to get to it. Thanks in advance if you have an answer to my question.
O&O!!!

3 Comments:

  • At December 22, 2005 at 11:07 PM, Blogger sharba said…

    Huh???!!

     
  • At December 23, 2005 at 11:52 AM, Blogger sherle said…

    Linda... I think your big problem is not your computer but your server. We have computer club members living in the boonies like you do... so they have phone modems. The phone modem can only handle so much. I'm gonna try some things & I'll get back to you.

    Meanwhile, maybe Sharba (huh???) will tell Kevvy your problem and he might find a solution... if there is one.

    Love you!!!

     
  • At January 1, 2006 at 2:16 AM, Blogger Jan said…

    I love you Windy and hope your problem is solved soon; I know it is frustrating, but someone will come through for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home