I went to do MOnday Madness and found out that there wasn't one for the week! Well, here's an update on my email problems: Still not able to get past the one that's holding me up! So, if I'm in your address book, please don't send me any big files. Actually I'm not able to use my email at usol, so use my yahoo address. If you don't know it, I'll give it to you when I see you!
That's it for today!
Friday, December 30, 2005
Thursday, December 22, 2005
Hi family and friends!
What does one do about an email file someone sent on the 17th of December that is so big my server keeps timing out every time I try to download my e-mail? I am very frustrated because I have tried to download my email now since the 17th and it just isn't happening. I do not have any of the latest and greatest stuff on my PC and sometimes just a regular forward will take awhile to download if it includes a few pictures. I think one of my friends sent me a large file and now every time I try to open my mail I get stuck on #137. Now my new email number is up to 400 and something. I have downloaded all the stuff up to 137 about a dozen times and this is really starting to drive me nuts. Is there any way I can set my computer to send back the overly large file, or at least make it skip files that are so big so I can get to the rest of my mail? I'm open to any suggestions at this time. Granted most of my mail is junk, but I know I have some mail from family and friends and I'd like to be able to get to it. Thanks in advance if you have an answer to my question.
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
Hi friends and family! Here is my Monday Madness, once again on a Tuesday!
1. Name 1 toy you owned when you were younger, that meant a lot to you. I can't really recall being attached to a particular toy. I know I liked my Barbie Doll when I was younger.
2. Name 2 games you enjoyed playing as a child. I liked playing Monopoly and Mouse Trap.
3. Name 3 foods you didn't like as a child, but do now. Asparagus, salad dressing on my salad, and broccoli.
4. Name 4 foods you didn't like as a child, and still don't like. Liver, milk, cream of anything soup, and soggy bread!
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
GREETINGS FROM BEAVERTON!!!!!!!!!!
Hi! I thought I'd write a post then stay tuned for my late edition of Monday Madness.
Last week it seems like I was at work a lot. But I had one day when I worked until 10:30 at night and the next day I had to be there at 7:00 am. Also on Wednesday, I worked until 3:30, but I stayed in Midland because at 5:30 we had shop with a hero and our department was in charge so I volunteered to help out. That was a pretty good thing though, just a long day. We had 31 kids that the Salvation Army signed up for the event and we ended up with 33 heros. We had volunteers from the Midland Police Department, the Fire Department and from EMT, the fellows who drive the Ambulances. It was a good experience and all the children and their families enjoyed themselves. In addition to the $100. gift card from Meijer, Papa John's donated pizza and Pepsi and Coke both donated soda for the kids. Meijer also gave each family a food basket. If you watched TV 5 news today you may have noticed Bay City Meijer had shop with a cop today.
I'm learning a lot about my new job. It keeps me working hard and wishing for a few more hours in each day.
Time for some Monday Madness:
It's all about words! For the following, please list as many words as you wish...
1. Words most commonly mispronounced. I think lots of people are lazy in pronounciation. I hear "probly" instead of probably, "of" instead of have, "ofTen" with the "T" pronounced. That just reminds me of listening to a beginning reader, and I'm sure if I thought about it I could come up with a lot more.
2. Words used improperly. Seen, was, were, are words I hear most often. Not only does my hubby misuse these words but 2 people I work with do to. Both of these people have positions higher up that I in the store.
3. Words most often misspelled. I'm probably not a good person to ask about this because I'm not the world's best speller.
4. Words or phrases that you feel are over-used. One of my new bosses says "yada yada yada" a lot.
Monday, December 05, 2005
MONDAY MADNESS MONDAY MADNESS MONDAY MADNESS MONDAY MADNESS MONDAY MADNESS MONDAY MADNESS MONDAY MADNESS MONDAY MADNESS
Greetings all! Here is my Monday Madness on a Monday!
This week's questions are all about moving... Have fun, and thank you so much for playing! =)
1. When is the last time you moved? The last time I moved was a little over 10 years ago when I got married.
2. How many times in your life have you moved? Many. We did not move much at all in our childhood, once our parents found the house for us! I moved out for my last 2 years of college, then I moved back home until I found a job. In my adult life I've moved about 9 times including my last move to the home I now live in.
3. In your opinion, what is the worst thing about moving? PACKING!!!
4. What is the most exciting thing about moving? It's a new start and a new chance to get organized.
5. If you've lived in the same place all your life, do you plan to move in the future? NA
6. Do you WANT to move somewhere else; if so, where? Haven't really thought about it much.
Thanks for the great questions OttO!