Monday Madness on a Monday! Yipee!!!!
1. Describe what you believe is a "good" driver.
A good driver drives defensively. You must always be aware of what is going on around you. You should not be distracted by talking on a phone or eating. Drive for the conditions.
2. Describe a "bad" driver (your opinion of course).
Bad drivers are not very considerate. They don't use blinkers, they drive to close behind, pass unsafely, and often go to fast for the weather conditions.
3. Which category do you fit in? Please back up your answer. Feel free to use examples!
I feel I'm a good driver. I have never been involved in a traffic accident. I try to pay attention to what is going on around me. I follow the rules of the road. I think my driving record speaks for itself!
Monday, March 29, 2004
Monday Madness on a Monday! Yipee!!!!
Thursday, March 25, 2004
Well, here it is Thursday already and I'm just now getting to Monday Madness!
Oh well, better late than never! I really thought this week was going to be a light one as far as work was concerned because we got our hours cut big time. I was originally scheduled 21 hours but some people in the seniority list above me complained because I had more hours than them, so I was cut to 15! That was a bummer! Anyway, I always sign up for extra hours, and I was held over twice, plus I picked up an 8 hour shift from a full timer so I ended up working 34 hours this week. Getting called into work in the morning does tend to change my routine, but I'm always game for the extra time! Well, enough of that, and onto Monday Madness!
1. What was your favorite TV show as a child?
I really enjoyed watching "Bewitched" I also liked "Timmy and Lassie" and "Gilligan's Island"
2. What show did you hate?
I never did care for the westerns like "Gun Smoke" and "Bonanza"
3. What show did your family gather around the TV to watch?
Hmmmmm... Not sure, but I think the above mentioned shows we watched as a family.
4. What show is currently your favorite?
I don't know that I currently have a favorite show. I started watching "Judging Amy" in reruns on TNT. I like that show, but I'm not home enough in the evenings to make it a weekly watch. I catch the show in the daytime when I'm home.
5. What show do you hate now?
My husband enjoys the old movies on AMC. He especially likes John Wayne movies. I don't like them at all! I find lots of other ways to amuse myself when he's watching them! wow!! I also do not care for the reality shows!
Tuesday, March 16, 2004
These great questions come from Monday Madness!
1. What is your solution for cabin fever - you know that feeling of being penned in the house all winter?
On the first sunny day we open up the entire house to air it out. This helps a lot! Sometimes we do this as early as February.
2. Who are the people in your neighbourhood...in your neighbourhood, in your neighbourhood.....?
We live in the country. The people who used to live right next door got a divorce and the man gave the house to his kids. The kids were stupid and didn't make any house payments for 3 months so he sold it to this guy with tons of cars in the yard, and about 3 dogs. We don't know him at all as he moved here in the middle of the winter.
3. What's the best thing about spring?
I think the best thing about spring is the smell of the flowering and blossoming trees.
4. Any Easter traditions?
I try to have dinner at my parents house.
5. How old were you believing in the Easter bunny?
Monday, March 08, 2004
This is from Monday Madness
*Ok, using the letters in YOUR name, list words to describe yourself.
*And as a bonus question, using the same letters, make a list of things you would like to do before this calendar year is over.
W ~ Wacky
I ~ Independent
N ~ Noble
D ~ Dependable
Y ~ Young at heart!
W ~ Watch the sun set over Lake Michigan again.
I ~ Impress a new employer
N ~ Need to update my resume
D ~ Decorate the room Dave is remodeling
Y ~ Yikes!!! I need to have a rumage sale!
Thursday, March 04, 2004
If I were the type to name my entries, this one would be called, "I Must be Crazy!"
Yesterday I had to be to work at 6:30am. That was no problem because I used to set my alarm for 4:30 all the time. I got up at 4:30, showered and went to work an 8 hour day. When I got off at 3 I had to go to Car Quest to get some parts for the truck, then I went to the credit union. I got home at about 5:00. Not bad, because I thought that was my total day, but at about 9:00 pm I got a call from my boss at work. Seems a 3rd shifter called in sick at the gas station, and wouldn't you know it, I was the only one who signed up for extra hours who knew how to work out there. At the time it didn't seem bad to go into work at 11pm. So, before I knew it, I did! That was crazy! There was enough to do there to keep me awake, but the time really did drag. I got home at about 7:30 this morning. See what I mean? I must be crazy! wow!!!Well, I got some sleep this morning, but now I'm awake. Well, that's it for now!
P. S. A big thank-you to the blog goddess, who updated my page! It looks wonderful!
Monday, March 01, 2004
How many hours do you spend per week doing the following things? Have a great week!! And thanks for playing Monday Madness!! =)
1. Watching television ~ More time than I should that's for sure, I'd say about 20.
2. Sitting at the computer. ~ Here I'll say not enough! My answer is 14.
3. Reading a book ~ Again, not enough, but I do try to get in about an hour a day, so I'd have to say 7.
4. House work ~ Not enough! wow!!! Probably around 7-10, but most of it is daily maintenance like dishes and laundry. Probably only about 3 hours doing the actual cleaning.
5. Cooking ~ 7-10
6. Eating ~ 7? I'm guessing here, as I've never really timed us, but it would be less than the cooking time.
7. Driving ~ 10
8. Working outside of your home ~ 25-40.
9. Blogging ~ about 2-3, which really isn't enough.
10. Sleeping ~ 42, averaging about 6 per night, but some nights more and some less.