Sorry I haven't been around much. I had Tuesday and Wednesday off, and Tuesday I cleaned house and did laundry, but when I tried to go on line yesterday, I discovered that our phone was out! Bummer! It was out for most of the day, and when I was finally able to come on line in the evening I couldn't think of a thing to blog about! wow!!!
OttO, I just want to mention that I didn't do Monday Madness this week because I read too many answers and I would not have felt original! I'll catch ya next week.
I had to work Monday when we were getting all that snow, but I wasn't worried too much about it because the weather twinkies kept saying it would end sometime in the afternoon. Well, I had to work until 10:00pm and it was still snowing when I got out!I must admit, it was one of the prettiest snow falls in a while, but it was slow going on the way home. Once again, it makes me glad for our big a$$ truck!
About work, Meijers is changing the whole way they keep track of the drawers and $$$ and such, and I've agreed to be a service coordinator. The job of the SC used to be to just tell cashiers where to go and when to go on break. We also had to decide if we needed to hold anyone over. Well, now in addition to that, we have to get change for the cashiers, do cash pick-ups, do audits on drawers, of which there are at least 6 per day, and sometimes as many as 10, and collect the $$$ from all the different departments. On second shift, we also have to collect all the lane drawers by a certain time and put them in tomorrow mode. This may not sound like that much, but it is an effort to get everything going on time and keep up with cashier breaks. On Monday it was my first day to actually work 2nd shift, and I had to be out by 10 because that was my 8 hours for the day. I was lucky to have a very helpful cashier who used to work in the cash office to help out. Also the service manager helped me a lot. It is an interesting job, and the time does go faster, I just need to get the hang of it. I'm working tonight until 11, and because it is a busy night, I'll have a second SC to help out.
That's all for now!
Thursday, February 26, 2004
Monday, February 16, 2004
I've got a new idea this week.......First of all, pick a letter, any letter.................Got one? Ok. For the following questions, all your answers must begin with the letter you just thought of.
My letter is "L"
1. Name two types of food that you could care less if you ever ate again. lima beans and linguine
2. Name one animal. leopard
3. List three words to describe yourself. lucky (sometimes), loud, lackidazical
4. Name two things you might find at a zoo. lions and lost children.
5. Name three things you might find living in the water. long legged frogs, lucky fish! wow!!! ... and lizards? These fun questions come from Otto at Monday Madness!!!
Wednesday, February 11, 2004
1. On Sunday afternoon, I like to just... relax in front of a good sappy movie!
2. I'm behind someone at a traffic light, the light turns green and they just sit there, I... gently tap my horn to wake them up.
3. My immediate reaction to someone making a nasty remark to me is... I think sarcasim.
4. If I had to live in a state/country where it was cold most of the year, I would... wear layers!
5. When the weather outside is hot and humid, I prefer to... be in a swimming pool or indoors in a nice air conditioned house.
6. My favorite 'comfy' clothes to wear around the house is... sweats and a t-shirt.
7. If given a deadline at work/school to finish a project, I usually... procrastinate.
8. If someone gave me a pet for my birthday, I would... have to find a nice home for it as my hubby and I decided not to have pets here and I have actually gotten used to a cat hair free enviornment.
9. As far as watching the clock on weekends, I... I don't. I usually have to work on the weekend anyway.
10. I usually wash my car about every... I try to do it once a week, but with the weather so crappy it doesn't really matter because it would just get full of salt on my way home anyway. I will be washing it on a day when the sun is shining on my way home from work.
These questions are from Monday Madness. The link is to the right on my side bar if you are interested.
Tuesday, February 10, 2004
I just wanted to post an update!
Sorry I haven't been around much, but I've been training at work for a new position. This had me working more hours than I was used to, and at strange times. Yesterday I planned to update and do MM but I was too tired as I had gotten up at 4:30 so I could be to work at 6.
We spent superbowl weekend in Maryland and when I returned home I discovered that my work schedule was all changed. Meijer's is going to a new format for cashiers and it requires more Service Cooridators. Our manager decided to start training last Tuesday. That was good but I haven't had any days off until today. Today I'm spending most of my time cleaning house! Tonight we are going to go to the Lion's Club meeting. Busy times around here. I also have tomorrow off, so I will catch up on my meme's tomorrow.
See you all soon!
Wednesday, February 04, 2004
Questions are from Monday Madness!
1. I probably spend about ______ on the computer every day. Depending on what my work schedule looks like anywhere from 1-4 hours.
2. It always takes me ____ minutes to get ready in the morning. 30
3. I would rather go to the dentist than go to _________. Actually, I don't mind going to the dentist.
4. My favorite dessert is ________. Chocolate cream pie!
5. When I go to the store for one item, I always walk out with about ____. one item!
6. If the statement, 'You are what you eat' was true, I would be a _______. Chocolate
7. I set my thermostat to _____ in the summer and _____ in the winter. 67 degrees F. in winter and about 70 in the summer, but often I just leave the windows open. We only use AC when the humidity is high and there is very little breeze.
8. My favorite outdoor activity is _________. bike riding
9. My favorite indoor activity is _________. surfing the net or cross stitching
10. When I'm feeling down, I usually _________. like to read a good book to take my mind off whatever the reason is.
Sunday, February 01, 2004
Hi Blogger fans!
We are here in Maryland visiting grandkids and having a great time. We left MI early in the morning yesterday and arrived here about 4:30pm. No problems with the roads, weather, or traffic! Let's hope we are that lucky on Monday when we head home! Yesterday we went out to dinner when we arrived, then we just chilled in front of the TV for the rest of the evening. We watched Finding Nemo, which was the first time I had ever seen that movie. It was really quite entertaining. Today we some shopping in the am then prepared for KaitLynn's 1st birthday party. She is a super bowl baby as her birthday is actually Jan 26, the day of super bowl last year. Melissa had a nice party for her tonight, and the last of the guests,(except for us) just left. The cute kid got all sorts of baby dolls, and clothes for her birthday. Tomorrow we will just take it easy as we have 10 hours on the road Monday. Tuesday will be back to reality for us!
So sorry I didn't call you yesterday, or even send you an e-card! I'll call you when I get home on Monday, unless it is late, then I'll give you a call Tuesday. I hope you had a great birthday! You must be what? 69? That's my guess, and I'm sure I'll find out later if I'm right!
Take care and I'll post MM most probably on Tuesday!